Re: createlang problme - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: createlang problme
Date
List pgsql-sql
"vijaykumar M" <m_vijaykumar@hotmail.com> writes:
> i'm using RedhatLinux7.2, on top of this i upgrade the Postgres with V7.3.3.

> After that, i tried to create a language with a createlang command.

> ERROR: Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so failed:
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so: un
> defined symbol: xlateSqlType
> createlang: language installation failed

Looks to me like /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so is for some older
version of Postgres.  Where did you put the one that goes with 7.3.3?

BTW, you really ought to be using 7.3.4 not 7.3.3.  7.3.3 has a nasty
bug that can cause it to fail to restart after a crash.
        regards, tom lane