Re: [HACKERS] Bug in prepared statement cache invalidation? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Konstantin Knizhnik
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Bug in prepared statement cache invalidation?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/02/2017 09:30 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> I am not sure how critical is this problem. Definitely it rarely happens,
>> but lack of normal workarounds (restart backend, recreate function?) seems
>> to be  disappointing.
> The problem goes away if you reconnect.  The problematic cache is only
> backend-lifetime.

Most of clients are not connected to the Postgres directly, them are using some kind of connection pooling.
It means that backends are never restarted. And it will be necessary to restart the whole service just because we do
nothave

dependency tracking mechanism for PL code. Even invalidation of all functions in case of DDL seems to be more
acceptablesolution.

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company