Re: running a batch script - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: running a batch script
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/19/20 8:30 AM, Richard Bernstein wrote:
> I am trying to test out a package called phpGrid and I need to run
> through its tutorial. But there are some "kinks". I am developing on my
> ubuntu laptop in a docker container. The postgresql I need to test-to is
> AWS RDS Postgresql.  I have an account and Server and can access it with
> pgAdmin. The install instructs for phpGrid asked me to modify conf.php.
> In my case I used app.conf which sets up the virtual host. I restarted
> the containers. Next the tutorial wants me to "run" an sql batch script
> to create the table. The batch script is pretty mySQL centric. I am
> attaching it.
>
> Can I run this from pgAdmin the same way I would with phpMyAdmin in
> mySQL? Do I need to modify the script for postgresql? Is this the

Yes. This script is definitely MySQL specific. Some examples:

USE `sampledb`;

CREATE TABLE `changes` (
   `n_r` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, <--That would be SERIAL or
IDENTITY.

) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci; <--No go.

UNLOCK TABLES;

and so on.

> easiest way to create this sample table? I have one table that I have

Take a look at:

https://pgloader.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ref/mysql.html

--
Adrian Klaver