Re: Performance of lateral join - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Simen Andreas Andreassen Lønsethagen
Subject Re: Performance of lateral join
Date
List pgsql-performance
>    Easy first question: is the temp table analyzed before being used in a join ?

No, I haven't done that. Today, I tried to run

    ANALYZE records_to_filter_on;

on the same sample data set (3.75 million rows) before the join, and it did not seem to make much of a difference in
termsof time (new output of EXPLAIN ANALYZE at https://explain.dalibo.com/plan/YZu - it seems very similar to me).

Not sure if it is relevant, but I did some experimentation with smaller samples, and for those, there was a significant
speedup.Could there be some size threshold on the temp table after which running ANALYZE does not yield any speedup?

>    I think the attachment is missing.

Added now.

Simen

Attachment