Re: 3ware vs Areca - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jeff
Subject Re: 3ware vs Areca
Date
List pgsql-performance

On Jul 11, 2008, at 3:39 PM, Jeffrey Baker wrote:

From my experience, the Areca controllers are difficult to operate.
Their firmware is, frankly, garbage.  In more than one instance we
have had the card panic when a disk fails, which is obviously counter
to the entire purpose of a RAID.  We finally removed the Areca
controllers from our database server and replaced them with HP P800s.

My main db has a p600 plugged into an msa70 which works well - does the HP junk work in non-hp boxes?