Re: [GENERAL] Causeless CPU load waves in backend, on windows, 9.5.5(EDB binary). - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nikolai Zhubr
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Causeless CPU load waves in backend, on windows, 9.5.5(EDB binary).
Date
List pgsql-general
03.02.2017 22:16, Andres Freund:
[...]
>> Well, profiling postgres.exe is still beyond my capability at this time
>> anyway. Instead, I'll try to prepare a most simple client application
>> example for testing the behaviour in question so that anyone could run it
>> easily. (And while working on such an example, maybe I'll get some more
>> understanding of what is actually going on here.)
>
> I'm missing something. All you need to do is to start
> processexplorer.exe and filter out other applications?

Ah, ok. I first thought about some kind of code-level debugging.

And yes, running Process Explorer gave some new and unexpected input.
During the period of this strange high load it claims 40% CPU is used by
interrupts (normally 0.01%) and 3% used by backend postgres.exe
(normally approx 0%). I'd guess this means some problem happening in the
OS (which hosts this postgres.exe), probably related to network
communication? (Because nothing else seems likely related to interrupts
in such scenario?)

The screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/hC8FMZCE3CyzPs

Thank you.

Nikolai