Posgres Adding braces at beginning and end of text (html) content - Mailing list pgsql-general

From linnewbie
Subject Posgres Adding braces at beginning and end of text (html) content
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

I'm fairly new to postgres and I'm having this peculiar problem.

I'm storing raw html in a text field and I want users who know HTML to
update the content in a textarea field.

The problem is postgres is adding braces to the begining and ending of
the content.  On creation and every time I update.

This is:

I input:

into the text area field I save and view I see

{<p>xyz</p>

}

On a subsequent update I see

{{<p>xyz</p>