Re: instalation problems! - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: instalation problems!
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Fariba Noorbakhsh <fNoorbakhsh@ccs-munich.de> writes:
> The platfrom which we are using is Digital V4.0-D (alphaev56-dec-osf4.0d).
> I copied the whole configuration report for you, maybe it helps.
> I'm acctually suspecting our GCC version (v2.7.2.3), maybe it's too old and
> not familiar with "-mieee" option. What do you think?

Could be.  Try removing this hack from src/backend/utils/adt/Makefile:

# seems to be required for some date/time stuff 1999/07/22 bjm
ifeq "$(findstring alpha,$(host_cpu))" "alpha"
ifeq "$(GCC)" "yes"
override CFLAGS+= -mieee
endif
endif

I'd be interested to know whether the regression tests pass cleanly
after you do that.

            regards, tom lane