Re: privileges regression problem on freebsd/alpha - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: privileges regression problem on freebsd/alpha
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>   GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION testfunc1(int), testfunc2(int) TO regressuser2;
> + ERROR:  bogus GrantStmt.objtype 458

Does the error persist if you "make clean" and rebuild?

I'm betting this is not a platform issue, but just aclchk.c being out
of sync with the parser.  GrantStmt is using parser token codes to
distinguish the various kinds of GRANT, which is probably a bad idea.
The token codes will change anytime someone looks crosseyed at gram.y
(well, I exaggerate, but they're not exactly stable).  IMHO node
structure definitions shouldn't depend on them.