Re: [Proposal] vacuumdb --schema only - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gilles Darold
Subject Re: [Proposal] vacuumdb --schema only
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Le 04/03/2022 à 11:56, Justin Pryzby a écrit :
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2022 at 10:11:28AM +0100, Gilles Darold wrote:
>> The attached patch implements that. Option -n | --schema can be used
>> multiple time and can not be used together with options -a or -t.
> Yes, thanks.
>
> I suggest there should also be an --exclude-schema.
>
>> I do not propose to extend the VACUUM and ANALYZE commands because their
>> current syntax doesn't allow me to see an easy way to do that
> I think this would be easy with the parenthesized syntax.
> I'm not suggesting to do it there, though.
>
>> +    /*
>> +     * When filtereing on schema name, filter by table is not allowed.
>> +     * The schema name can already be set in a fqdn table name.
> set *to*

Attached a new patch version that adds the -N | --exclude-schema option
to the vacuumdb command as suggested. Documentation updated too.

I will add this patch to the commitfest unless there is cons about
adding these options.

--
Gilles Darold

Attachment