Re: transaction abort - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: transaction abort
Date
List pgsql-hackers
postgresql <postgresql@db.pku.edu.cn> writes:
> SGkgYWxsLg0KICAgIEkgaGF2ZSByZWFkIHNvbWUgY29kZXMgb24gdHJhbnNh
> Y3Rpb24gYWJvcnQgb3BlcmF0aW9uLiAgV2hlbiB0aGUgdHJhbnNhY3Rpb24g
> YWJvcnQsIGl0IHNlZW0gdGhhdCANCmFsbCB0aGUgdHVwbGVzIHJlbGF0ZWQg
> aW4gdGhlIHRyYW5zYWN0aW9uIGhhdmUgbm90IGJlZW4gZGVhbCB3aXRoLiBp
> dCBYTUlOIGVxdWFscyB0byB0aGUgdHVwbGUgY3JlYXRlIHRyYW5zYWN0aW9u
> [snip]

Please don't MIME-encode your mail unnecessarily.  It makes it difficult
to quote it :-(

Anyway, to answer your question: tuples inserted by a failed transaction
need not be deleted right away.  No other transaction will consider them
good, since their XMIN isn't committed (and yes, we need pg_log for that).
The next VACUUM will get rid of them.