Re: BUG #18295: In PostgreSQL a unique index on targeted columns is sufficient to support a foreign key - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: BUG #18295: In PostgreSQL a unique index on targeted columns is sufficient to support a foreign key
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, 2024-01-27 at 02:19 +1300, David Rowley wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jan 2024 at 01:14, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
>
> I'd only adjust the following addition to be a new paragraph:

Check.

> and drop the "also" at the same time.

Done.

> I also noticed that, generally, we're not that consistent if we spell
> it "foreign-key" or "foreign key".  You're introducing "foreign key"
> in a location where there are a couple of "foreign-key"s. Maybe it's
> better to be consistent in at least that location?

Yes, you are right.  I noticed that everywhere else on the page the
form "foreign key" is used, so that's what I did in the attached patch.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Attachment