Re: tsvector field length limitation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tsvector field length limitation
Date
List pgsql-general
Jonathan Marks <jonathanaverymarks@gmail.com> writes:
> ... we run into the max tsvector length requirement "The length of a tsvector (lexemes + positions) must be less than
1megabyte”

> Is there any way to disable or increase that limit in Postgres 10.3?

No; it's forced by the representation used for tsvector, which stores
lexeme offsets in 20-bit fields (cf WordEntry in
src/include/tsearch/ts_type.h).  Perhaps that was short-sighted but
I don't foresee it changing anytime soon.  You'd more or less need
a whole new datatype ("bigtsvector"?) to make it happen.

            regards, tom lane