ODBC failure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Shealy
Subject ODBC failure
Date
List pgsql-general
Hey there... I am new to postgres... I have a V 7.02 db on linux up and
running an populated.  I am trying  to get ODBC to run against it from a
windows NT box and am having trouble.

On the server side I have added the -i command to the postmaster command
Editted the pg_hba.conf file to allow my client by adding the line.

host all xxx.xxx.xxx.0 255.255.255.0 trust

(xxx is ip address) wanted to allow whole subnet to access db

Restarted the server.

On the client I installed the 6.5 driver from the exe file.

Set up a System DSN connecting to the server using port 5432.

Tried testing it in Access by  linking a table in access and get the error

Unable to open sockect(#101)...

Any help here is greatly appreciated. My only thought up to this point is
... can a V7 db talk with a 6.5 ODBC driver?

Scott Shealy
E811 Inc