Re: Avoiding unnecessary clog lookups while freezing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Avoiding unnecessary clog lookups while freezing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Somewhat of a tangent: I've previously wondered if we should have a small
> hash-table based clog cache. The current one-element cache doesn't suffice in
> a lot of scenarios, but it wouldn't take a huge cache to end up filtering most
> clog accesses.

I've wondered about that too.  The one-element cache was a good hack
in its day, but it looks a bit under-engineered by our current
standards.  (Also, maybe it'd be plausible to have a one-element
cache in front of a small hash?)