Re: Bug? ExecChooseHashTableSize() got assertion failed with crazy number of rows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug? ExecChooseHashTableSize() got assertion failed with crazy number of rows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I don't think it's anywhere near as clear as you think.

Ah, scratch that --- I was looking at the wrong my_log2() call.
-ENOCAFFEINE.

I'm still doubtful that this is the only overflow risk in that new
ExecChooseHashTableSize code, though.  For instance, the only reason the
line immediately above this one isn't broken is that NTUP_PER_BUCKET is 1
... but surely we shouldn't be coding on that assumption.