Re: Group By question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Lanzarotta
Subject Re: Group By question
Date
List pgsql-general
Okay, actually the query is something like:

select dept, (col1 + col2) * col3) from table group by dept

So, the output would look something like:

Dept    Total
------     -------
1         26
2         18
3         9

Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 07:46:34AM -0700, Jeff Lanzarotta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a table that looks something like this:
>
> SKU Dept Col1 Col2 Col3
> ------- ------ ------- ------- ------
> 1 1 1 2 3
> 2 1 2 3 4
> 3 2 1 0 1
> 4 2 0 1 2
> 5 2 4 1 3
> 6 3 1 2 3
>
> I am having a problem trying to get the Is there a query that can do
> something like this:
>
> select sku, dept, (col1 + col2) * col3) from table group by dept

What are you expecting the group by to do here? It may be helpful if
you show what you expect the output to be.

Sam