Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Re: Thoughts on "Love Your Database"
Date
List pgsql-general
On 17/05/2016 20:38, Guyren Howe wrote:
> On May 17, 2016, at 2:22 , Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
>> Sorry if I missed something but what's wrong with pgadmin3 ?
> Apart from it's awful, clunky, bug-ridden and crash prone, nothing.

There is a solution for that : either find the bugs and submit patches or pay the developers to fix the bugs or make
youa custom version
or go buy some other tool, or write your own or live with psql (like most people do).
In the occasions (once/twice a week) that I needed pgadmin during my last 16 years with postgresql, it delivered just
fine.
Some guys here use some better tools to access pgsql but they all cost money. I have paid for RazorSQL for accessing
ourMS SQL server,
then felt lucky I was accessing pgsql via psql (or even pgqdmin3) all those years.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead