Re: installation(pg_depend) problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: installation(pg_depend) problem
Date
List pgsql-general
HS <mhossein@gmail.com> writes:
> creating template1 database in /usr/local/Robust/pgsql/data/base/1 ... ok
> initializing pg_shadow ... ok
> enabling unlimited row size for system tables ... ok
> initializing pg_depend ... cannot connect : Connection refused
> child process exited with exit code 1

That's completely bizarre.  There isn't anything the pg_depend step does
that's very different from stuff already done in the earlier steps.
Also, I can't find the string "cannot connect" anywhere in the PG source
code, so it's not apparent where the error is coming from ... somewhere
down in glibc maybe?

You might try running the initdb process under "strace -f -o logfile" to
see if you can get more info.  The output will probably be voluminous,
so don't post it all; but the last few hundred lines might yield a clue
as to what the code is doing when it fails.

            regards, tom lane