How to make the row changes inside trigger function visible to the top level sql statement? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From haifeng liu
Subject How to make the row changes inside trigger function visible to the top level sql statement?
Date
Responses Re: How to make the row changes inside trigger function visible to the top level sql statement?  (Sergey Konoplev <sergey.konoplev@postgresql-consulting.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Hello,

I am doing table partitioning, all is ok except that after executing 'insert' sql statement I can't get affected rows,
italways be 0. After searching on the documents, I found that row changes inside trigger function is not visible to the
toplevel statement.

Partition table using a trigger function to redirect insertion to the correct partition is the recommend way, and test
affectedrows is also used frequently. pgAdmin do test the affected rows too, thus when I type a new row and click save
button,it seems failed but actually succeed.

How can I make the row changes inside the trigger function visible to the top level statement?

Thank all in advance!