Re: Proper relational database? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Jungwirth
Subject Re: Proper relational database?
Date
Re: Proper relational database?
List pgsql-general
On 04/21/2016 01:36 PM, Guyren Howe wrote:
> Anyone familiar with the issue would have to say that the tech world
 > would be a significantly better place if IBM had developed a real
 > relational database with an elegant query language

I'm surprised no one yet has mentioned Tutorial D by C. J. Date. His
book _Database in Depth_ is pretty much an extended argument for how
superior it is to SQL. RelDB is apparently an open source implementation
of it, and D4 is a commercial one. That's about all I know in terms of
practically using it for something. But Date & Tutorial D seems like a
good place to start if SQL isn't relational enough for you. The book I
mentioned is short and easy to read.

Paul