From Sergei Agalakov
Subject 20160417105248.d20dcefed39b5d9031c6b28d@potentialtech.com
Date
List pgsql-general
I know about DBSteward. I don't like to bring PHP infrastructure only to
be able to compare two dumps,
and to deal with potential bugs in the third party tools. The pg_dump in
other hand is always here, and is always trusted.
SQLWorkbench/J also can compare two schemas, and requires only Java.
Again, I trust pg_dump more.
http://www.sql-workbench.net/

May be pg_dump was never INTENDED to generate the dump files with the
determined order of the statements,
but it CAN do it with the minor changes, and be more useful to
administrators. Why rely on the third party tools
for the tasks that can be done with the native, trusted tools?

Sergei