PG 8.2.0 - TSearch2 "Wrong affix file format" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tarabas (Manuel Rorarius)
Subject PG 8.2.0 - TSearch2 "Wrong affix file format"
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

  I have a problem migrating my Database using TSearch2 with the UTF-8
  Backport from 8.1.3 to a new database with 8.2.0.

  I successfully installed postgres and the TSearch2 distributed with
  it and copied the german.aff/german.med/german.stop and
  german.stop.ispell from my old postgres 8.1.3 installation to the
  same location in the 8.2.0 install.

  Then I dumped the old database with

  "./pg_dump <database> -f backup-file" and restored it on the
  8.2.0 database successfully without errors.

  I am using UTF-8 database and files for .aff/.med/.stop/.stop.ispell

  When I now try a TSearch2 Command like

  "SELECT set_curdict('de_ispell');"

  I get the error

  "ERROR:  Wrong affix file format" although the file was not changed
  and worked fine on the 8.1.3 Databse with the UTF-8 backport Patch
  from 8.2.0.

  Anyone have any idea how to fix the files so they will work with
  8.2.0 also? The files seem to be ok and are UTF-8 encoded.

Best regards
Manuel