Re: getting a list of users - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: getting a list of users
Date
Re: getting a list of users  (Eric Smith <eric_h_smith@mac.com>)
List pgsql-general
Eric Smith <eric_h_smith@mac.com> writes:
> You bet... here you go.

Hmm, I see you are trying to build universal binaries:
> CFLAGS=-arch i386 -arch ppc ...

That isn't exactly a trivial thing to do, because the pg_config.h data
differs for the two arches.  It will *not* work to just run a basic
configure and build with CFLAGS set like that.  (If you troll the
pgsql-archives archives for "universal binary" you can probably
find some discussions of what's needed to make it work.  I seem to
recall that we simplified it in the last year or so, but that was
very possibly post-8.3.)

I'm not immediately sure that the symptom you mention would be the most
obvious failure, but I'm suspicious.  Did you take measures to try to
make the universal build actually work, or did you just build with
these switches?  Which arch are you actually building and/or
running on?

            regards, tom lane