Re: Table seems empty but its size is in gigabytes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Table seems empty but its size is in gigabytes
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/12/2016 09:11 AM, Juan Carlos Michaca Lucero wrote:
> Hi PostgreSQL,
> I'm using PostgreSQL 9.3 running on Ubuntu Server.
> I have a complex function to populate a big table, in order to improve
> performance; data is prepared in temporary tables before it will be
> inserted. I called this function many times from my application, but
> something goes wrong with the disk assigned to my temporary tablespace
> and all threads were dropped. Now my big table statistics shows tuples
> inserted and its size is in order of gigabytes, but a simple SELECT has
> no rows, is there any way to recover the data in this table?

Do you really want to? It seems to me 'something goes wrong with the
disk assigned...' is not a good thing and I would not be too confident
in any data that was returned, should you be able to recover it.

Out of curiosity has this happened more then once?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com