Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anastasia Lubennikova
Subject Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Attached version has fix of pg_dump suggested by Stephen Frost in -committers thread.
http://postgresql.nabble.com/pgsql-CREATE-INDEX-INCLUDING-column-td5897653.html
Sooner or later, I'd like to see this patch finished.

For now, it has two complaints:
- support of expressions as included columns.
Frankly, I don't understand, why it's a problem of the patch.
The patch is  already big enough and it will be much easier to add expressions support in the following patch, after the first one will be stable.
I wonder, if someone has objections to that?
Yes, it's a kind of delayed feature. But should we wait for every patch when it will be entirely completed?

- lack of review and testing
Obviously I did as much testing as I could.
So, if reviewers have any concerns about the patch, I'm waiting forward to see them.
--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company