Re: Lower msvc build verbosity level - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christian Ullrich
Subject Re: Lower msvc build verbosity level
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane wrote:

> +several.  Grepping for compiler warnings, for example, is really painful
> right now on any MSVC critter.  I've resorted to grepping for "warning C",
> which skips the noise messages, but I'm never sure if I'm missing
> something.

You miss all diagnostics from other tools than the compiler, for one thing.

There is a simple solution to that, however. MSBuild and VCBuild repeat
all warnings and errors produced during the build at the bottom of the
log. I just checked on mastodon (VS 2005, the oldest), and it does that
already.

This depends on the whole build being done using a single solution file
that contains all the individual projects, but there is no reason to
assume we will start building individual projects instead, I assume.

--
Christian