Re: Proposal to use JSON for Postgres Parser format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposal to use JSON for Postgres Parser format
Date
Re: Proposal to use JSON for Postgres Parser format
List pgsql-hackers
> FWIW, it derives from Lisp s-expressions, but deviates from Lisp's
> default reader/printer behaviour in small ways, including being case
> sensitive and using {NAME :x 1 ...} instead of #S(NAME :x 1 ...) for
> structs for reasons that are lost AFAIK (there's a dark age between
> the commit history of the old Berkeley repo and our current repo, and
> it looks like plan nodes were still printed as #(NAME ...) at
> Berkeley).

Wow, where did you find a commit history for Berkeley's code?
There's evidence in the tarballs I have that they were using
RCS, but I never heard that the repo was made public.