Re: pgsql: Phrase full text search. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: pgsql: Phrase full text search.
Date
List pgsql-committers
>> Phrase full text search.
>
> Hasn't this patch broken on-disk compatibility of type tsquery by
> renumbering the values of QueryOperator.operator?  I'm looking at
> the patch delta in ts_type.h.

Distance field is placed exactly in hole between two uint8_t fields and uint32_t
field, as I known any known platform which we support uses 4-byte aligment for
int32 type. Am I wrong? If yes then I will move distance to the end of struct.
QueryOpertor struct isn't used directly to store to disk, it's used in union
QueryItem.
sizeof(QueryItem) = 12
sizeof(QueryOperator) = 8, so we can add distance to the end without growning
size of QueryItem.

                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/