Re: Fix for OpenSSL error queue bug - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Fix for OpenSSL error queue bug
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04/07/2016 03:47 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I have looked at this patch. Do we need to worry as well about
> SSL_shutdown in disconnection code path? I believe that we don't care
> much if an error happens at this point but we surely should consume
> any error generated because the SSL context is kept after
> destroy_ssl_system and another connection attempt may be done using
> the same SSL context, no?

But we are the only user of our SSL context, and we clear the error
before every call we make (with this patch).  The clean up afterwards is
only if someone else is also using SSL in the same process, and they
won't use our SSL context.