Re: Default Roles - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From José Luis Tallón
Subject Re: Default Roles
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04/07/2016 09:50 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Robert, José,
>
> I've rebased this on top of master and added a few additional checks and
> regression tests.

Applies and compiles cleanly, of course. Passes all 164 tests, too.
- make installcheck-world ok
- interdiff checked, nothing very surprising

*Tests: using "pg_abcdef"  (very unlikely to ever exist) is indeed better than
using "pg_backup" to test system 'reservedness'

*Documentation: changes seem to make it less repetitive regarding
"pg_signal_backend". Should reduce diff size when future system roles
get added ;)

*Code:
    Spotted the added    if (strncmp(*newval, "pg_", 3) == 0)    at src/backend/commands/variable.c    (plus
pre-existing)src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dumpall.c

I hadn't realized it could be needed there... I'm not familiar enough
with the code just yet.

I reckon there's no need to add a separate helper to check this at the
moment; might be needed later, when the superuser review patches get
merged :)

> I'm planning to continue going over the patch tomorrow morning with
> plans to push this before the feature freeze deadline.

Good. Thank you for the effort.
    / J.L.