Re: [PATH] Jsonb, insert a new value into an array at arbitrary position - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: [PATH] Jsonb, insert a new value into an array at arbitrary position
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/04/16 06:13, Dmitry Dolgov wrote:

> On 6 April 2016 at 03:29, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net
> <mailto:andrew@dunslane.net>> wrote:
>

>     Yeah, keeping it but rejecting update of an existing key is my
>     preference too.
>
>     cheers
>
>     andrew
>

> Yes, it sounds quite reasonable. Here is a new version of patch (it will
> throw
> an error for an existing key). Is it better now?

This seems like reasonable compromise to me. I wonder if the errcode
should be ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE but don't feel too strongly
about that.

--   Petr Jelinek                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services