Re: Odd oid-system-column handling in postgres_fdw - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: Odd oid-system-column handling in postgres_fdw
Date
Re: Odd oid-system-column handling in postgres_fdw  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2016/03/16 16:25, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> PG9.5 allows us to add an oid system column to foreign tables, using
> ALTER FOREIGN TABLE SET WITH OIDS, but currently, that column reads as
> zeroes in postgres_fdw.  That seems to me like a bug.  So, I'd like to
> propose to fix that, by retrieving that column from the remote server
> when requested.  I'm attaching a proposed patch for that.

I rebased the patch against HEAD.  Updated patch attached.  I don't
think this is a 9.6 issue, but I think this is somewhat related to the
9.6 issue [1] that postgres_fdw join pushdown incorrectly retrieves
system columns other than ctid and oid from the remote server, so ISTM
that it's better to address this in conjunction with [1].

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/57035DFC.3050802@lab.ntt.co.jp

Attachment