Re: Odd system-column handling in postgres_fdw join pushdown patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: Odd system-column handling in postgres_fdw join pushdown patch
Date
Re: Odd system-column handling in postgres_fdw join pushdown patch  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2016/03/29 15:37, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> I added two helper functions: GetFdwScanTupleExtraData and
> FillFdwScanTupleSysAttrs.  The FDW author could use the former to get
> info about system attributes other than ctids and oids in fdw_scan_tlist
> during BeginForeignScan, and the latter to set values for these system
> attributes during IterateForeignScan (InvalidTransactionId for
> xmins/xmaxs, InvalidCommandId for cmins/cmaxs, and valid values for
> tableoids).  Attached is a proposed patch for that.  I also slightly
> simplified the changes to make_tuple_from_result_row and
> conversion_error_callback made by the postgres_fdw join pushdown patch.
>   What do you think about that?

I revised comments a little bit.  Attached is an updated version of the
patch.  I think this issue should be fixed in advance of the PostgreSQL
9.6beta1 release.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment