Re: Error: insufficient data in the message - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Error: insufficient data in the message
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/18/2016 08:49 AM, Ranier VF wrote:

Ccing list for real this time, for reasons stated below.

> Hi,
>
>  > Per previous posts, the error is not coming from Postgres, but from your
>  > client software. Some searching indicates pgsql_pexec is part of the
>  > Asterisk PBX software. Is that the case?
> Not. The client code is own.
> Yes the error is coming from client code, not from Postgres.
>
> Libpq.dll (Postgresql 9.5.0), 32 bits, expect BIGINT param.
> Own client code can not format correct bits.
>
> Would be possible, example code in C, to format BIGINT
> param with msvc 32 bits compiler?

I am not a C programmer and I do almost 0 development on Windows, so I
have no answers for the above. Including the list as I am pretty sure
there are folks on it who have the answer.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com