Distributed Table Partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leonardo M. Ramé
Subject Distributed Table Partitioning
Date
List pgsql-general
I have this problem: a Master table containing records with a timestamp
column registering creation date-time, and one Detail table containing
info related to the Master table.

As time went by, those tables grew enormously, and I can't afford
expanding my SSD VPS. So I'm thinking about storing only NEW data into
it, and move OLD data to a cheaper SATA VPS.

The goal is using the SSD server as "main", and the other (or others?)
as "child", so queries still go to the main server, it somehow detects
which records must be fetched from it and what from the child servers,
then return the "composed" dataset to the caller.

I think this is called Distributed Horizontal Table Partitioning.

Is there a way to do this without changing my application code?.

Regards,
--
Leonardo M. Ramé
Medical IT - Griensu S.A.