Re: [PROPOSAL] Client Log Output Filtering - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Client Log Output Filtering
Date
Re: [PROPOSAL] Client Log Output Filtering
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/03/16 15:08, David Steele wrote:
>> Looking at the code, this adds bool hide_from_client to edata which is
>> not initialized in errstart so that needs to be fixed.
>
> I figured this would take care of it:
>
> MemSet(edata, 0, sizeof(ErrorData));
>
> Since I want hide_from_client to default to false.  Am I missing something?

Right, missed that, sorry for the noise.

I have another issue though.

The comment above errhidefromclient says "Only log levels below ERROR
can be hidden from the client." but use of the errhidefromclient(true)
actually does hide the error message from client, client just gets
failed query without any message when used with ERROR level.

--   Petr Jelinek                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services