Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Torsten Zühlsdorff
Subject Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 08.03.2016 17:20, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 03/07/2016 10:24 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
>>> From: pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org
>>> [mailto:pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Adrian
>>> Klaver
>>>
>>> Though if you go to the actual list:
>>> http://www.mysql.com/customers/embedded/
>>>
>>> There is at a rough count, 300.
>>>
>>> This points to the central dilemma, some of which is addressed
>>> below, separating fact from fiction.
>>
>> It seems the "Embedded" category shows products which use MySQL
>> internally.  Other products/vendors, such as JasperSoft and Talend
>> which "can be used with" MySQL, are probably list elsewhere.  e.g.
>> Talend lists MySQL in their ecosystem page:
>>
>> https://jp.talend.com/ecosystem/company/mysql
>>
>> The 2,000 ISV/OEM/VARs Oracle touts should be found in the "MySQL
>> specialization" section of Oracle Partner Network (OPN) site,
>> though I couldn't access.  I wonder if and where I can get the
>> partner/product listing for Oracle Database.  That's what I want.
>
> MySQL is not a open source community project. It is an open source
> product, owned, and licensed by Oracle.
>
> We are an open source community. We should be focussing on what we
> do best, delivering PostgreSQL to the community.

I support your point. But we really can delivering PostgreSQL better to
the community. For example we miss translation into other languages.
There are non-english speaking persons around the world, which *want* to
use PostgreSQL but are not able to do this because of the lack of
documentation in a language they understand.

Greetings,
Torsten