Re: [ANNOUNCE] Save the Date: PgConf Silicon Valley 2016 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh berkus
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Save the Date: PgConf Silicon Valley 2016
Date
Re: [ANNOUNCE] Save the Date: PgConf Silicon Valley 2016  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-advocacy
> Hey guys, really??? Again you'll hurt us scheduling an important
> PostgreSQL event in the same period of other important event PGBR (The
> Brazilian PostgreSQL Conference)??
>
> Didn't you guys look at the event wiki page [1] to check if there are
> other important event at the same period?? We booked the PGBR on wiki in
> December 15, 2015 to occur November 16-18, 2016.

One of the problems we run into here is that that wiki page lists some,
but not all, major PostgreSQL events which have been booked (for
example, pgConf.EU is not on it, nor is Postgres Open, even though they
both have dates).  There really is no canonical calendar, which leads to
groups like Citus mistakenly booking conflicts because there's no good
place for them to check.

Given that the wiki page doesn't seem to work, do we have other
suggestions on how we can track this to give people/companies "one place
to check"?

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)