Re: Only owners can ANALYZE tables...seems overly restrictive - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Only owners can ANALYZE tables...seems overly restrictive
Date
Re: Only owners can ANALYZE tables...seems overly restrictive
List pgsql-general
On 2/28/2016 8:58 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> >I should the check for whether a given user can or cannot analyze a table
>> >should be whether the user has INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE privileges.
> By that argument, we should allow anyone with any write access to do
> TRUNCATE.  Or perhaps even DROP TABLE.  I'm not impressed.

I don't see why anyone with delete privileges shouldn't be able to
truncate (after all, thats the same as deleting all records).

analyze has arguably fewer side effects, its a performance enhancement,
its neither altering the schema or changing the data.