Problems to use LDAP again AD directory with disabled anonymous logon - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From
Subject Problems to use LDAP again AD directory with disabled anonymous logon
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi
I am exited to see that with the latest patch we have LDAP support in pgAdmin
I tried to make it work but did not succeed.

We use Microsoft AD. We have a global catalog that allows LDAP access but anonymous access is disabled.

I have a technical user SVCLDAP that I can use to auth against LDAP and search for a user via UPN and did some
ldapsearchtests before I changed the config of pgAdmin:

ldapsearch -H ldap://ldap.mgi.de:389 -D "CN=SVCLDAP, CN=Users, DC=ASF, DC=madm, DC=net" -W  -b "dc=R2, dc=madm,dc=net"
"(userPrincipalName=heiko.onnebrink@metronom.com)"
Enter LDAP Password: somepwd

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=madm,dc=net> with scope subtree
# filter: (userPrincipalName=heiko.onnebrink@metronom.com)
# requesting: ALL
#

# Onnebrink Heiko, HQ01-DUS, Users, DE, MSYS, r2.madm.net
dn: CN=Onnebrink Heiko,OU=HQ01-DUS,OU=Users,OU=DE,OU=MSYS,DC=r2,DC=madm,DC=net
..

If I do the same query without providing a bind DN gives an sasl error

ldapsearch -H ldap://ldap.mgi.de:389 -b "dc=R2, dc=madm,dc=net" "(userPrincipalName=heiko.onnebrink@metronom.com)"

SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (-2)
additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more
information(No Kerberos credentials available (default cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_500))

If I disable SASL (-x) it works but returns no data:

ldapsearch -H ldap://ldap.mgi.de:389 -x  -b "dc=R2, dc=madm,dc=net" "(userPrincipalName=heiko.onnebrink@metronom.com)"
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=R2, dc=madm,dc=net> with scope subtree
# filter: (userPrincipalName=heiko.onnebrink@metronom.com)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

I transferred now the above settings to the pgAdmin config (docker is used here)

docker run -p 443:443 --name pgadminssl -e 'PGADMIN_CONFIG_LDAP_SERVER_URI="ldap://ldap.mgi.de:389"'  -e
'PGADMIN_CONFIG_LDAP_USERNAME_ATTRIBUTE="userPrincipalName"'-e 'PGADMIN_CONFIG_LDAP_BASE_DN="(dc=madm,dc=net)"' -e
'PGADMIN_CONFIG_SEARCH_SCOPE="SUBTREE"'-e

'PGADMIN_CONFIG_AUTHENTICATION_SOURCES="ldap","internal"' -v '/dockerdata/pgadmin/servers.json:/servers.json' -v
'/dockerdata/pgadmin/server.cert:/certs/server.cert'-v '/dockerdata/pgadmin/server.key:/certs/server.key' -e
PGADMIN_ENABLE_TLS=TRUE-e

PGADMIN_DEFAULT_PASSWORD=admin -e
PGADMIN_DEFAULT_EMAIL=admin@metronom.com registry.metroscales.io/rdb-dev/pgadmin:latest

2020-05-05 10:27:46,936: ERROR
flask.app: Error binding to the LDAP server.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/pgadmin4/pgadmin/authenticate/ldap.py", line 115, in connect
    auto_bind=True
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ldap3/core/connection.py", line 355, in __init__
    self.do_auto_bind()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ldap3/core/connection.py", line 384, in do_auto_bind
    raise LDAPBindError(self.last_error)
ldap3.core.exceptions.LDAPBindError: None

From config description I do not see how I pass a bind user that would required (as we do not allow anonymous access)
sothat an LDAP query can be executed that finds the logon user via his UPN. Once record is found we have the DN that
canbe used to bind the user with his entered password to verify that password is valid.

Thanks for sharing how it works internally and what mistake I have here in my config..

cheers
Heiko

Geschäftsanschrift/Business address: METRO-NOM GmbH, Metro-Straße 12, 40235 Duesseldorf, Germany
Aufsichtsrat/Supervisory Board: Olaf Koch (Vorsitzender/Chairman)
Geschäftsführung/Management Board: Timo Salzsieder (Vorsitzender/CEO), Felix Lindemann (COO), Frank Hammerle (CFO)
Sitz Düsseldorf, Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 18232/Registered Office Düsseldorf, Commercial Register of the Düsseldorf
LocalCourt, HRB 18232

Betreffend Mails von *@metronom.com <http://metrosystems.net/>
Die in dieser E-Mail enthaltenen Nachrichten und Anhänge sind ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt.
Siekönnen rechtlich geschützte, vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Falls Sie nicht der bezeichnete Empfänger oder
zumEmpfang dieser E-Mail nicht berechtigt sind, ist die Verwendung, Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der Nachrichten
undAnhänge untersagt. Falls Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte unverzüglich den Absender
undvernichten Sie die E-Mail.

Regarding mails from *@metronom.com <http://metrosystems.net/>
This e-mail message and any attachment are intended exclusively for the named addressee. They may contain confidential
informationwhich may also be protected by professional secrecy. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receivefor the addressee) you may not copy or use this message or any attachment or disclose the contents to anyone
else.If this e-mail was