Re: Test CMake build - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Colson
Subject Re: Test CMake build
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2/10/2016 12:09 PM, Yury Zhuravlev wrote:
> Hello all.
> Please test build Postgres using cmake. If you are of course interested.
> Still not everything is ready but most of the work. Assembly
> instructions as does the repository is on github:
> https://github.com/stalkerg/postgres_cmake
>
> The compilation will be enough (tests even better). I need feedbacks so
> that create issues on github.
> Very interesting NetBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris.
> Thanks!

On a side note, how hard would it be to print a small summary of options
after the cmake step?

Its not important, but is pretty nice.  mapserver, for example, shows this:

-- * Summary of configured options for this build
--  * Mandatory components
--   * png: /usr/lib64/libpng.so
--   * jpeg: /usr/lib64/libjpeg.so
--   * freetype: /usr/lib64/libfreetype.so
--  * Optional components
--   * GDAL: /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so
--   * OGR: /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so
--   * GD: disabled
--   * GIF: /usr/lib64/libgif.so
--   * MYSQL: disabled
--   * FRIBIDI: /usr/lib64/libfribidi.so
--   * GIF: /usr/lib64/libgif.so
--   * CAIRO: /usr/lib64/libcairo.so
--   * SVGCAIRO: disabled
--   * RSVG: disabled
--   * CURL: disabled
--   * PROJ: /usr/lib64/libproj.so
--   * LIBXML2: /usr/lib64/libxml2.so
--   * POSTGIS: /usr/local/pg93/lib/libpq.so
--   * GEOS: /usr/lib64/libgeos_c.so
--   * FastCGI: /usr/lib64/libfcgi.so
--   * Oracle Spatial: disabled
--   * SDE: disabled
--   * Exempi XMP: disabled
--  * Optional features
--   * WMS SERVER: ENABLED
--   * WFS SERVER: ENABLED
--   * WCS SERVER: ENABLED
--   * SOS SERVER: disabled
--   * WMS CLIENT: disabled
--   * WFS CLIENT: disabled
--   * ICONV: ENABLED
--   * Thread-safety support: disabled
--   * KML output: disabled
--   * Z+M point coordinate support: disabled
--   * XML Mapfile support: disabled
--  * Mapscripts
--   * Python: disabled
--   * PHP: disabled
--   * PERL: ENABLED
--   * RUBY: disabled
--   * JAVA: disabled
--   * C#: disabled
--   * Apache Module (Experimental): disabled
--
-- Will install files to /usr/local
-- Will install libraries to /usr/local/lib64

We would not care about the libs, but things like integer dates, and
perl, python, etc, ssl version.  Looks like you calc TABLE_BLOCKSIZE and
WAL_BLOCKSIZE, those might be nice to see.

Anyway, thanks for all your work on this.  Looking good.

-Andy