Re: apt.postgresql.org ubtuntu trusty missing libpq version - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: apt.postgresql.org ubtuntu trusty missing libpq version
Date
List pgsql-general
Ccing list

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#I_want_libpq5_for_version_X.2C_but_there_is_only_version_Y_in_the_repository

> Thanks Adrian,
>
> Seems after updating apt sources I could use "sudo apt-get install
> libpq-dev=9.4\* libpq5=9.4\*"
>
> I will note that even with "deb
> http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ trusty-pgdg main 9.4" the
> default versions are for 9.5 right now

Did you see this part:

"Note that the other libpq5 package will still be visible in the "main"
component, so you will need to configure pinning or set that package on
hold to prevent apt from trying to upgrade to the newer version. "

of the above link?

Also do you have more than one Postgres repo in your sources?

Worse comes to worse I could see downloading the source for 9.4.5 and
building and installing into a 'dummy' location. And then build
pg_repack against that install:

cd pg_repack
PATH=/path/to/src_installed94/bin:$PATH --To pull in correct pg_config
$ make
$ sudo make install

--
Adrian Klaver