Re: postgres_fdw join pushdown (was Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: postgres_fdw join pushdown (was Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2016/01/29 1:26, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> Here's an updated version of the previous patches, broken up like before

> 2. pg_fdw_join_v3.patch: changes to postgres_fdw - more description below

> Here is the summary of changes from the last set of patches

> 2. Included fix for EvalPlanQual in postgres_fdw - an alternate local
> path is obtained from the list of paths linked to the joinrel. Since
> this is done before adding the ForeignPath, we should be a local path
> available for given join.

I looked at that code in the patch (ie, postgresRecheckForeignScan and
the helper function that creates a local join path for a given foreign
join path.), briefly.  Maybe I'm missing something, but I think that is
basically the same as the fix I proposed for addressing this issue,
posted before [1], right?  If so, my concern is, the helper function
probably wouldn't extend to the parameterized-foreign-join-path cases,
though that would work well for the unparameterized-foreign-join-path
cases.  We don't support parameterized-foreign-join paths for 9.6?

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5666B59F.6010701@lab.ntt.co.jp