Re: Postgres 9.4.5 Installation on Centos 7.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Postgres 9.4.5 Installation on Centos 7.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/28/2016 10:24 PM, Sachin Srivastava wrote:
> I have initialized the database through below command through Postgres
> user but in my "/u01/postgres9.4/" folder pg_log folder is not
> available, what is the reason behind this.
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> -bash-4.2$ initdb -D /u01/postgres9.4/

the yum installed version defaults to putting the data directory in
/var/lib/pgsql/9.4/data ... There's a bunch of reasons to stick with
this, not the least thats where selinux is configured to expect it to be.

I would recommend mounting a database filesystem as /var/lib/pgsql
first, then doing the following as root...

     /usr/pgsql-9.4/bin/postgresql94-setup initdb
     systemctl enable postgresql-9.4.service
     systemctl start postgresql-9.4.service

the server is now running, and will autostart when you reboot.

see

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/80-Installing-and-configuring-PostgreSQL-9.3-and-9.4-on-RHEL-7.html