Re: long transfer time for binary data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: long transfer time for binary data
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/23/2016 2:19 PM, Johannes wrote:
> I save my images as large object, which afaik is in practise not
> readable with a binary cursor (we should use the lo_* functions). And of
> course I already use the LargeObjectManager of the postgresql jdbc library.

afaik, Large Objects are completely independent of the other mode
stuff.    they are stored and transmitted in binary.

I haven't read this whole ongoing thread, just glanced at messages as
they passed by over the past week or whatever, but I have to say, I
would NOT be storing 11MB images directly in SQL, rather, I would store
it on a file server, and access it with nfs or https or whatever is most
appropriate for the nature of the application.   I would store the
location and metadata in SQL.