Re: make error - libpqdll.def No such file or directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Igal @ Lucee.org
Subject Re: make error - libpqdll.def No such file or directory
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/19/2016 10:17 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
>> So when I try to run `make` I still get that error.  Please note that I am
>> doing a VPATH build (the build in a separate directory from the downloaded
>> sources), which might play a role here:
>>
>> x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe: error: libpqdll.def: No such file or directory
>> make[3]: *** [libpq.dll] Error 1
>> make[2]: *** [all-libpq-recurse] Error 2
>> make[1]: *** [all-interfaces-recurse] Error 2
>> make: *** [all-src-recurse] Error 2
> I too tried mingw compile in VPATH a few days ago, and found that it
> behaves in stupid ways -- sometimes it would just loop re-running
> configure over and over, and when it (seemingly randomly) stopped doing
> that, it failed because of missing errcodes.h or something related.
> (When I make- distcleaned and started from scratch, it would work, so I
> simply did that.)
Alvaro -- thank you for your reply!

So to clarify (in the hopes that it would allow me to keep some hair on
my head by the end of this process, as I already pulled out most of it
by now)...
your process was as follows?

build-dir$ ~/source-dir/configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
build-dir$ make
errors
build-dir$ make distclean
build-dir$ ~/source-dir/configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
build-dir$ make

?

Or did you not do a VPATH build the second time?

Did you use any other options?