Re: Cannot find a working 64-bit integer type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Igal @ Lucee.org
Subject Re: Cannot find a working 64-bit integer type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/18/2016 11:09 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The relevant portion of config.log seems to be this:
> I do not think configure pays attention to mere warnings for this type
> of test. The real problem here seems to be the "permission denied"
> errors, which to me reek of broken Windows antivirus software. (As far
> as I'm aware, the word "broken" is redundant in that phrase.)
Thank you both for looking into this.  The only A/V-type software that I
have running is the "Microsoft Security Essentials".

>> I'm a little confused as to why -Wno-cpp fixes any of that, though.
> Most likely, it's pure chance that a retry worked.  Or if it's repeatable,
> maybe no-cpp changes the compiler's file access patterns enough that
> there's no longer a false trip of the AV check.
>
> Short answer is that I wonder how much of the OP's multiple problems
> are being caused by AV bugs.
I did not make any changes other than adding the compiler flags between
those two runs (nor afterwards).

The reason that I decided to try to add the -Wno-error flag was that I
searched the net for the error message, and found this
thread from 4 years ago:
http://postgresql.nabble.com/Setting-Werror-in-CFLAGS-td5118384.html --
which showed
a similar error message and a play of the compiler flags.

I will try to run both forms again and report whether it is repeatable.

Thanks again,

Igal