Re: Optimizer questions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Konstantin Knizhnik
Subject Re: Optimizer questions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I am sorry for badly formatted query - I just cut&paste it from C++
client program.

I have one more question to community regarding this patch.
Proposed patch fix the problem particularly for SORT+LIMIT clauses.
In this case evaluation of expressions which are not used in sort is
alway waste of time.
But I wonder if we should delay evaluation of complex expressions even
if there is no LIMIT?
Quite often client application doesn't fetch all query results even if
there is no LIMIT clause.

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company