Re: WIP: CoC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: WIP: CoC
Date
Re: WIP: CoC  (Brian Dunavant <brian@omniti.com>)
Re: WIP: CoC  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 01/11/2016 02:22 PM, Brian Dunavant wrote:
>> 3. A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is free
>> comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical
>> appearance, body size or race.
>
> I think you meant "free OF comments".

I did.

> However it still picks a few special classes of complaint, some of
> which cause ambiguity such as 'gender'.  Does that mean I can't use
> "he/she" pronouns?  It also implies that i'm allowed to criticize
> people in other ways, say, their political affiliation or country.
> Rather than list a bunch of "no no" perhaps something like:
>
> "3)  A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is
> free of negative personal criticism directed at a member of a
> community, rather than at the technical merit of a topic."

First, I want to make sure we don't get too far into the weeds here.

I think your example is a good one but I do think we need examples so
perhaps:

A safe, respectful, productive and collaborative environment is free
of non-technical or personal comments related to gender, sexual
orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size or race.

???

Sincerely,

JD